Last Updated: July 16, 2020
Learn2Love is a Canadian community subject to the laws of Canada. Canada may not offer a level of privacy protection as great as that offered in other jurisdictions. Since our servers are located in North America, your data may be transferred to, stored, or processed in North America. By using our Services, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your data to data facilities in North America and those third parties we share your data with as described in this Policy Agreement.
Customer: a person or entity that is registered with Learn2Love to use the Services.
Distribution List: a list of Subscribers and all data related to those Subscribers.
Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Subscriber: any person or entity on your Distribution List.
You: a Learn2Love Customer or other person or entity who visits our Services.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The Services collects two kinds of information about you: (a) Personal Data; and (b) Non-Personal Data.
Personal Data. Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data we may collect includes:
- Identification and Contact Data: name, date of birth, gender, address, title, contact details, username, or other demographic information;
- Financial Information: credit card details, account details, payment information;
- IT Information: IP address, cookie dat
You may decline to provide Personal Data to the Services. However, some of the Personal Data we ask you to provide is mandatory for a service. If you decline to provide it, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data is any information not relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Non-Personal Data we may collect includes:
- Browser and Device Data: IP address, device type, unique user device number, device manufacturer and model, type of browser or operating system, dates and times of use, screen resolution, plugins, add-ons, location, and the version of the Services you are using.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: time spent on the Services, pages visited, and email campaign performance.
- Aggregate Information: data about how you use the Services combined with data about how others use the Services in order to help us better develop new features and tailor the Services.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Data. We may use your Personal Data to:
- Provide the Services;
- Resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Verify your identity and the information you provide;
- Encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- Customize your experience and analyze usage of, improve and measure interest in, and inform you about the Services;
- Provide you with information that may affect your use of the Services;
- Communicate marketing and promotional offers;
- Provide customer service, including receipts;
- Develop new products; and
- Perform certain other business activities.
Non-Personal Data. We may use your Non-Personal Data for any purpose, including, but not limited to:
- Measuring traffic patterns;
- Understanding demographics, customer interest, and other trends among users;
- Providing, improving, and modifying the Services; and
- For promotional and marketing purposes.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Data. We may disclose, and you consent to our disclosing of, your Personal Data to:
- Service Providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- Third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, debt financing of assets, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or similar proceeding);
- A Learn2Love subsidiary, affiliate, or business partner;
- Other users of the site to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages or make comments through the Services;
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared;
- Third parties in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or to collect amounts owed to us;
- Merchants and payment processors; and
- Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence to: comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; enforce our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements; protect our operations; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We will never sell, rent, or lease your Personal Data to a third party.
Non-Personal Data. We may disclose Non-Personal Data for any purpose. Remember, Non-Personal Data cannot be used to identify you or another person.
Opting out of Receiving Electronic Communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link or by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may still send you important messages regarding administrative matters, updates, disputes, and customer service issues that are required to provide you with the Services.
Web Beacons. When we send emails to Customers, we may use web beacons to track who opened the emails and clicked links to measure campaign performance and improve features for Customers. We also use web beacons in the emails we deliver for Customers to create reports about campaign performance and determine what actions Subscribers took.
6. DATA COLLECTED BY OUR CUSTOMERS
Our Relationship with Subscribers. Customers may import into the Services Personal Data they have collected from their Subscribers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with Customers’ Subscribers or any individuals other than our Customers. Customers are responsible for making sure they have the necessary permissions for us to collect, store, and process Personal Data about Subscribers or other individuals.
A Subscriber should unsubscribe directly from a Customer’s newsletter or contact the Customer directly to change, update, or delete the Subscriber’s data. If a Subscriber contacts us, we will refer you to that Customer and support them in responding to your request if necessary.
7. PUBLIC DATA AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
Public Data. We may provide areas on the Services where you can publicly post information. This information may be read, collected, and used by anyone. We do not control or endorse the information posted by third-party users, are not liable for your or third-party posts to the Services, and specifically disclaim any liability resulting from such posts.
Third-Party Sites. Upon your consent, the Services may access third- party information through application interfaces. We may also provide links to third-party sites. When you click on links to third-party sites, you may leave the Services.
THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER ANY COLLECTION, USE, OR DISCLOSURE BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH ANY APPLICATIONS, WEBSITES, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES THAT WE DO NOT CONTROL OR OWN, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FEATURES OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU EXPRESSLY RELIEVE LEARN2LOVE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE.
The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third-party sites does not imply endorsement of such third-party site by us. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the Services belong to their respective owners.
8. DATA RETENTION
9. USERS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Our Services are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. By using the Services, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13.
10. DATA SECURITY
We employ security measures to protect your information; however, no system is impenetrable. If you create an account on the Services, you are responsible for protecting the security of your account, its content, and all activities that occur under the account or in connection with the Services. You must immediately notify Learn2Love of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Data, including the right to request certain information from businesses subject to CCPA that collect Personal Data from you, the right to ask such businesses to delete Personal Data collected from you (subject to exceptions), the right to opt-out if a business sells your Personal Data, and the right of non-discrimination if you exercise any of these privacy rights.
Learn2Love acts as a “service provider” under CCPA when offering the Services to its Customers and our receipt and collection of any Personal Data is completed on behalf of our Customers in order for us to provide the Services. If you are a Subscriber of one of our Customers, please contact the Customer directly with your request for access or deletion under the CCPA. If you contact us, we will refer you to that Customer and support them in responding to your access or denial request if necessary.
If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, Learn2Love will not discriminate against you, deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different quality of the Services. If Learn2Love ever offers a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your Personal Data, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Data you provide to us. Learn2Love does not sell your Personal Data.
12. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), Learn2Love generally acts as a processor on behalf of our Customers. When Learn2Love processes Personal Data as a data controller, we do so on the following legal bases:
- To perform our contract with you for the use of the Services:
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in administering, operating, and supporting the Services;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in providing certain features;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in enforcing our Terms of Service Agreement and applicable law;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in preventing fraud and abuse;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in meeting legal requirements;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in improving the Services;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in supporting our marketing activities;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in providing network and information security; and
- You provided us your consent.
13. DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Currently, there is no industry standard for recognizing Do Not Track browser signals, so we do not respond to them.
We only use WordPress plugins and themes that are hosted by WordPress.org. WordPress.org’s guidelines clearly prohibit tracking users without their explicit informed consent.
14a. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use Contact Form 7 by Rock Lobster, LLC., a Japan-based company founded by Takayuki Miyoshi for our contact forms.
Rock Lobster stores user input data sent through the contact forms on their service, along with meta-information about the submissions, including the time stamp, the origin IP address, and the user agent (browser). Also, third-party services may collect information about website visitors. We currently use Google Analytics on this website.
We use the Contact Form 7 plugin to manage contact form submissions. The information is sent as email messages that only a select few are allowed to access. The information is also stored in the database on our hosting server for backup and later reference purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
14b. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you contact us using our contact form, we don’t set a particular time limit on storing information because we need it for future reference. If you want your information to be removed from our database, please contact us. We will remove it anytime there are concerns about your privacy.
14c. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
14d. The use of reCAPTCHA
16. CONTACT INFORMATION